Hey, I’m Alex…
Welcome to AlexBrownOfficial.net, a platform where self-improvement meets action. I’m Alex Brown, a personal development writer and speaker. My mission is to empower others to accomplish their goals and improve their lives. And I do this by leading by example.
I operate on 3 simple principles…
1. Keep Your Word: What you say matters; your words are powerful. So use them accordingly. Say what you mean and mean what you say—personal integrity is everything.
2. Show up Daily: Discipline is the most essential factor to success in any undertaking. Whatever it is you’re aiming at in life, ensure that you’re attacking that goal every day until you make it happen.
3. Always be in Training: Never stop learning, growing, and becoming better. Whether it’s through reading, taking courses, or developing your skills, you want to always be in training. It’s the athlete mentality, and it puts you on the path of continuous development; this is what it means to be Motivated And Disciplined.
But I wasn’t always this way. In fact, I used to be the exact opposite of what I am now.
Let me share…
This was me at 16 years old in 2008. A pot-smoking, party-going, 3-time high school dropout. This was the lowest moment in my life: I was a broke, jobless, high-as-a-kite dropout with no hope for the future. I blamed everything and everyone for my miserable lot in life.
And this continued for several years until I finally realized the real problem—me. I took the easy way out too many times. And now, I was paying for it with poor self-esteem, a low-quality social circle, and a lack of direction. So I cleaned up my act…
I quit the drugs, stopped partying, ditched the loser friends and began focusing on my goals. And the one thing I truly care about at the time? music.
I started rapping when I was 14, but never pursued it seriously due to my absentmindedness in high school. That all changed in 2015 when I began practicing freestyle rapping every day. My consistency and self-discipline eventually paid off as my skills developed. Soon, I had built a reputation for myself as the premier freestyle rapper in my city. This notoriety led to countless performance opportunities at:
- School assemblies
- Summer camps for kids
- Charity events
- Nightclubs, etc
Personal Development Speaker
My love for rap eventually evolved into a love for public speaking. This was a natural consequence of my recognizing the value of self-improvement. The more I improved myself, the more my life improved along with me. And I wanted to inspire others with that message.
So I began speaking on the power of self-improvement, goal setting, discipline, healthy habits, etc. I had the honour and privilege of speaking for numerous organizations, such as:
- The YMCA
- The Western Canada Leadership Conference
- The 12th Annual My World Conference
- The Calgary Police Department
- Numerous school assemblies and charity events
And it was as a self-improvement speaker that I started my first blog.
Initially, the purpose of that blog was to bolster my speaking career. But as I wrote about self-improvement and personal development every day, I realized another avenue I wanted to explore—the written word.
I decided writing was another path I could spread my message. So I blogged every day and even self-published my first self-help book. This led to me freelancing and eventually, landing a position as a full-time writer at one of the top Digital Marketing agencies in Canada. With my agency and freelance work, in addition to my personal blog, I have written well over 1500 articles for dozens of clients across many industries.
But the one subject that continues to draw me in is self-improvement. Every step of my personal development journey was supported by my taking consistent action, cutting the excuses, and focusing on my goals and dreams. I changed my life, and now, I want to help change yours…
So if you’re ready to accomplish your goals, improve your life, and become the best version of yourself, sign up for my Newsletter below to receive weekly self-improvement tips.