There’s a simple self-improvement “hack” that can revolutionize your life… All it takes is a quiet spot where you won’t be disturbed, 10 minutes of your time, and the commitment to do it daily… And the best part? This one act can skyrocket your success in any undertaking…
In fact, here’s where it gets interesting… If you practice this simple idea I’m about to share with you, it will put you ahead of 82.10% of the population. Keep reading to learn more.
The Self-Improvement “Hack” That Can Completely Transform Your Life
Many of the world’s most successful people use this hack to elevate themselves. However, few people truly understand just how powerful it is in revolutionizing their own lives. And so what is this simple self-improvement hack?
The power of reading.
This single habit offers countless benefits you’ll be hard-pressed to get from almost anything else. For example, some of these benefits include:
- Expanded vocabulary
- Stress reduction
- Increase of knowledge
- Better focus and concentration
- Improved memory
- Strengthens brain power
- Enhances cognitive ability
- And much more
According to wordsrated.com (an international analytics and research group), it was uncovered that only 17.90% of people read every day. What does this mean for you? It means that if you adopt a daily reading habit, you will put yourself ahead of 82.10% of people!
Physical Books Vs. Audiobooks: Which Is Better?
You may argue in favor of audiobooks over physical books (or vice versa). Both have their utility. And while studies lean more toward the audiobook side of the equation, it’s really a matter of preference. Case in point? I prefer physical books rather than listen to audiobooks.
This is not to say I don’t listen to audiobooks, I do. However, it again, comes down to preference. Ideally, the best method (in my opinion) is to use both. Buy a physical copy of the book in question as well as the audio version.
And then listen to the audio while reading along with the physical copy at the same time.
This will help cement the information deeper into your consciousness than either method could do on its own.
A Few Self-Improvement Books To Consider
While the books you purchase and read should be based on your goals, there are many books that will be invaluable to your self-improvement regardless of what your current aspirations are. Here are a few that have helped me on my journey that you may want to consider:
- Think And Grow Rich: Although the title is related to wealth, this is actually a book on mindset. It teaches you the success mentality required to achieve your goals (regardless of whether those goals are financial or otherwise).
- As A Man Thinketh: This book is beautifully written to the point where almost every line in it could be a quotable meme. It discusses the necessity of uplifting your thought to live a happy and prosperous life.
- The Way Of The Superior Man: Even though it was written for men, this book can offer a lot of utility for women as well. It is a manuscript on how both sexes should interact with each other for amplified love and passion in their intimate relationships.
- Psycho-Cybernetics: A great book on self-image and self-esteem, Psycho-Cybernetics teaches you how to set goals, improve your self-perception, and live a life of fulfillment and happiness. Pick this book up if you’re serious about your self-improvement.
Reading is a simple self-improvement hack that anyone can use to get themselves moving in a positive direction. And the fact that it’s so easy means there’s no excuse not to get started. So choose a book that’s aligned with your goals, interests, etc., and commit to 10 minutes of reading every day. You’ll be astonished of where this simple self-improvement hack can get you in a few short years.
If you want more self-improvement tips, be sure to sign up for the Motivated And Disciplined Newsletter below to receive weekly suggestions to skyrocket your personal development.